Friday 31 January 2014

Making bias binding

I decided that my self drafted peasant blouse required it's own bias. The fabric pattern was far too unique and varied to attempt to match with anything made commercially. Solid bias would have been awful. Plus I have managed to acquire two new bias making tools (these from Clover).

I did have the additional challenge of having very limited amounts of fabric. Piecing would be required. So I did the obligatory research and discovered some useful tutorials here and here. I also took the time to review the instructions that came with the tools (is this too obvious?).

Anyways, I still managed to stuff up the fabric joins. Some were the "right way" and some were the "wrong way".  Luckily the length between the rights and wrongs were sufficient to have seams facing the same way. Extra luckily, it's pretty hard to find the difference between the sides when there's just barely 1/2" to scrutinise. Even better, there is over 3m left and, yes, there are some interesting seams.

I've officially commenced a bias stash!

No comments:

Post a Comment