Sunday 8 September 2013

REAL customer service

So how lucky am I... I was bragging about showing a friend my newest Sorbetto. I went into LOTS of details and of course going on and on about Colette Patterns. Great patterns, great attitude, great people. The next time I saw this person, I was the very grateful recipient of my very own copy of the  Colette Sewing Handbook. How generous is that! I couldn't believe it - my very own Pastille dress and Taffy shirt. Wheeeeeeeeeee!



I spent an evening perusing the pages of this lovely book. The patterns are great. It's not often that I  have been able to say 5 out of 5 for a collection. Keep an eye out for worked up versions soon. But the tidbits are what really makes it for me. Especially chapter 2. Wardrobe planning. The timing is great too, as we are transitioning into summer here in the Southern Hemisphere. I have started an inspiration folder and "want" and "must" lists for projects. I've always been ad hoc with projects. I'm now considering my wardrobe as a whole. I'm feeling inspired and empowered. I KNOW what is coming next.

So I was perusing the book...from cover to cover... And got to the end. That's it. Patterns??? PATTERNS!!! Aaarggghhh! NO PATTERNS!!!  The pattern pocket was EMPTY. Not only empty but obviously never been used. WHAAAAAAAAT!!!

In a moment of panic clarity, I realised there must be an explanation. So I sent an email to the fab peeps at Colette Patterns. "Can I purchase some please?" Within 12 hours I had a response. Not just any response but a "no you can't purchase any. We will send you some." Oh... Wow...  Not just one but two notches up in my estimation. To Kenn - Thanks. You're a pro. That was some customer service. I'm watching the post box in anticipation.

No comments:

Post a Comment