Wednesday 17 September 2014

Ice skating on butter...

I've started on another version of my current fave pattern Vogue 1071 but this time view B (the picture on the right). Main differences are set in sleeves and buttons down the front (not back).

I've had this beautiful fabric in my stash for a little while courtesy of those fab girls at The Drapery. I went in looking for something else completely, walked past their remnants basket and spied this. It's from the Lou Lou Thi collection by Anna Maria Horner. Sigh! I couldn't leave it there. It needed a good home. Take a moment to check this fabric out. The pattern is delightful - sunflowers! And the quality of the fabric is breathtaking (yes, I gasped when I touched it!). It felt like butter. 


I spent last night layout out and tracing the pattern pieces. The usual size 12. This pattern is verging on vintage and needs to be looked after. Tonight I had enough time to cut out the fabric before dinner. But X had his homework spread out over the dining table which is where I usually cut out. I got inventive. The kitchen island bench was empty - cleared in readiness for dinner. I estimated that there would be enough length but maybe not width. What the heck! Have a go. Wide enough. Just. 

So I laid out the fabric, positioned the pieces and started to cut. Wait a minute... Why haven't I done this before? The pins slid over the granite. No sticking at all! Then I started cutting. It was like skating on butter.

No comments:

Post a Comment