Monday 15 May 2017

Mother's Day make

For some reason, this year I have felt a burning need to create for Mother's Day. I usually organise a family day and I'm happy with that. This year, yes, I'm still organising (afternoon tea sandwiched between sport and dinner) but I felt the need for more. But it also needed to be useful. What do you make a 70-something mother who has pretty much everything she needs. I spent most of the time leading up to that day thinking NOT making. I don't remember where I was but I do remember the sensation. Ping! Heat packs! So this week was spent researching tutorials and finding fabric.

I found two great tutes (aspoonfulofsugar.com - winter warmers and practicallyfunctional.com - DIY pocket hand warmers) and the some really cute flannelette.

One big heat pack 28cm x 15cm and two hand warmers 7cm x 7cm. 1cm seams. I added ribbon tags (as per aspoonfulofsugar) to all of them. A nifty touch that makes them unique but also allows you to pull the packs out of the microwave without touching them.



I made up a nice label "to Mum with love" on one side and how to use instructions on the other. All bound together with matching ribbon. I can't wait to give them to mum and see her reaction.


No comments:

Post a Comment