Saturday 8 June 2013

Stash busting and keeping warm

A little while ago I found some lovely green tweed wool and snapped up four balls. I was thinking it would make a nice scarf. One minor problem... Don't need another scarf. Then I found a lovely cowl pattern here. And I am yet to make myself a cowl. I really like the way that the buttons were used as a design feature and for practicality. When I connected the wool with the pattern I realised that the knitted texture wouldn't show up with the variegations in the wool. So I decided to use plain stockingette. But I liked the moss stitch ends so kept that. The great thing about patterns like this is that they're FAST! I knitted this up in one night. Spent a bit of time looking for some suitable buttons and found some made from coconut. Here is the finished product. More information about this on ravelry here.

No comments:

Post a Comment