Friday 15 February 2013

A quick frock for the Princess

The Princess has a few parties coming up. One of them has a 1960s theme. I was at the LFS this week trawling for shirt fabrics when I found these fabulous remnants. Groovy! We had discussed costume options and she liked the idea of a 'mod frock'. When I saw this fabric I knew I was onto something.

So washed it last night and got onto cutting and stitching tonight. I had used this pattern before for a few dresses. I didn't realise that it only went to size 7 so there was a bit of pattern drafting early on.
The pattern calls for the front piece to be cut on the fold. I had three different fabrics to select from but I couldn't decide on just one so I bought all 3. I decided to cut the front as two separate pieces and mix up the colours. Then because I had three to choose from, I added a band of the third colour to the centre front and back.

3 hours of uninterrupted (!) sewing and hey presto! Finished. Of course the Princess is asleep so I have to wait until tomorrow to see her reaction. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment