Friday 6 December 2013

My Miette

I have had Andi Satterland's Miette in my favourites on Ravelry for a while now. Not only is it a really cute cardigan, its free! Thanks Andi! I decided it knit it (the first time) in cotton, but I've struggled to find something that I really liked. I don't see much 10ply cotton around. Anyways, I stumbled across some 10 ply wool by Cleckheaton at my local Spotty and kept walking the first time - didn't like any of the colours and was still hanging out for cotton. But then the next time I was browsing, a flash of yellowy-green caught my eye (a colour I wear in one of my most-complimented print dresses). I'd found it!
The wool - the photo doesn't do the colour justice.
I cast on one night on the weekend. I've not knitted in this style before. Top-down, yoke first. I frogged my first cast on. Got distracted in the first few rows where there are lots of yo, ssk and k2tog. Pretty difficult to undo rows with all that going on.  Once I got into the groove the rows grew quickly. Andi uses markers very sensibly, making increases pretty straightforward. I've just started the bust so I've got a ways to go. Having said that, 10ply does knit up pretty quickly.
Just about to start the bust

No comments:

Post a Comment