Thursday 10 January 2013

Sew Retro fitting

I'm still plugging away at my Sew Retro frock. As I have already said, I refuse to be rushed through on any of this, and I'm staying true to my word. I made up my muslin - loved Gertie's suggestion to colour-code the stitching. I used sky blue for the seam marking and then stitched it together in red. When I unpicked the inevitable seams (go that well developed diaphragm) it was easy. I had to increase in the bodice but no change to the cups. I will reserve my judgement though as I have yet to fit with my (yet to be purchased) underwear. But I still progressed to cutting my interlining and fabric. I cut into that with some trepidation - not because it's expensive (it's not!) but more as it was a major milestone.

Being a conscientious student I have been reading the student comments and questions and once again, I have to say I am grateful for everyone else's contributions. I was ambivalent about using interlining. My fabric has a fair bit of body. But then I read a little bit. Between the "never knew interlining could be so useful" to the "it's quite calming to do all the seam running stitch by hand"  I was convinced and consequently pleased that I made the effort to hand baste. 

No comments:

Post a Comment