Friday 11 January 2013

Next!

So, I'm still looking for just the right bra. I'm sure I will but in the meantime my fingers are getting itchy. I signed up for the Sassy Librarian Blouse, also on Craftsy. I didn't mean to start this yet but when the LFS had a sale and I found some great fabric I was too tempted.

I thought this course would be a good interim - not quite so technical as the Sew Retro frock. And I was correct EXCEPT it is awesome. Christine Haynes is the instructor and I love her teaching style. She's relaxed (this helps a lot!), funny and has the most amazing ability to communicate EXACTLY what she means. I think this would be hard to do, given video is so one-way - there's no feedback whilst you film. She is also exceptional at responding to questions on the platform. And so encouraging.

I have managed to do a couple of hours each night on the blouse - switching between the tutorials and actually sewing. Being able to go back and review bits and pieces as you go has been invaluable. I have been guilty of being quite slap-dash when sewing in the past. With this project I have been precise, paced and methodical. And the results speak for themselves. I posted a picture of my facing to the class platform. I was bit nervous - I felt like I was showing my underwear! But I was so proud of the quality I just had to!

Front and neck facing
I'm up to setting in the sleeves. This will be a bit precise but I am looking forward to it. I'll keep you posted :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment