Friday 30 December 2016

A new friend

Guess what I got for Christmas? A dress form! Woo hoo! I have had my eye on mannequins for years. And when Stitch56 had an extra special special I took the plunge and bought a Lady Valet. Sigh! I told my family that this would be my present from everyone. They were fine with this, making it a (relatively) guilt-free purchase.

I had lots of help setting her up. Everyone wanted to get in on it. And whilst we were setting her up, we had lots of fun coming up with an appropriate name. I would like to introduce you to Doris.


So here Doris is wound out to my measurements with some padding and a plain tshirt. I am currently researching how to pad and cover her properly. A recent make is covering her up.  I have been asked that she not be left unclothed. Apparently various family members have been freaked out. You'll be seeing a lot more of her here.

No comments:

Post a Comment