Thursday 12 September 2013

Passport dress

I'm a fan of Lisette patterns. I have a bunch in my pattern stash. They've been slowly working their way to the top. I've already selected fabric for the passport dress but I found some other Lisette fabric in my stash during my tidy up. I thought of the portfolio tunic. It would make a great transition piece. With a long sleeved T and leggings. And those pockets and the princess seams (sigh). So I made it up. The A-line cut is so forgiving. I cut a size 12 to fit across the bust. The dress came together really well. Great instructions. I was sure I'd stuffed the pockets up completely but the seams were perfect!

Have you ever had the feeling as you get closer to completion on a project that something isn't quite right? I started to get that feeling just after I completed the side seams. Hmmmmmm... What is this growing feeling about? I persevered until I could get it on to test the feel. Oh dear! When I was about 15 my father let me work in his shop for the summer holidays. This was great for holiday $$$ but terrible for fashion. The shop-girl uniform was awful. And unfortunately the portfolio was too reminiscent. Far too reminiscent. So you will see a hanger shot and that's all. I'm going to wear it around the house and hope I can get over this feeling. But don't hold your breath...

No comments:

Post a Comment