Saturday 4 May 2013

Goodness! Another UFO!

I can't quite believe it! I've managed to finish something else! I have been working on a knitted cardigan for over two years. I had worked all the pieces and knitted on the collar and then I just stopped. I picked it up again last week when I was at my crafty SIL's place. I started to piece it together and finished off the double crochet and crab stitch edging this week. I'm not sure why it had such a long hiatus. But the recent cooler weather here in Adelaide certainly prompted me to get it finished.

I have made this pattern before. An unfortunate experience with it being accidentally machine washed meant that it went from a generous size 10 to a generous size 6. I handed it on to my incredibly tiny other-crafty-SIL who accepted it happily. Having the opportunity to redo this pattern did have its advantages. I concentrated on the sleeve increases and decreases and the edge finish. Very very happy. I also took more time with the collar which I think looks much better. I also hand finished the button hole to strengthen it. The button is a spare one from a set made from coconut. I don't think it would have been my first choice but I'm pleased with the way it complements the wool.

Details on ravelry here.



No comments:

Post a Comment