Sunday 10 February 2013

It's been a while!

Goodness! Time flies when you are busy as. Between returning to work from holidays, getting children back to school and emptying my grandparent's house I haven't had much airtime. It's been pretty tough, especially for my mother. My remaining grandparents are her parents. We've been worried about them for a while but things came to a head at the end of last year when my grandfather had a fall. Neither of them have been able to remain in the house and are now in nursing homes. My parents have been slowly working through their house to empty and then sell it. We have had a number of working bees with the last one just last weekend. It's pretty tough going through their things but at least it's done now.

I had the good fortune of getting to go through Granny's linen cupboard. There was so much to see. I've taken a few photos to share. Grandpa was in the army and they were stationed in Asia in the 1970s. Granny took advantage of this and stocked up!

This one is my favourite! I love the pink. I've not seen something like this before.


All the stitching (machine done) and appliqué is in a lovely shade of pink. Unfortunately it's round (170cm diameter). There are also 8 napkins with just a little appliqués in the corner. I think that they're unused. I don't remember her having a table that would suit.

I have a cupboard full of table linen so regretfully this one is off to my friend Narelle's shop Recycle Revolution.

Don't worry I have plenty more to show. And I have kept some too. Maybe next time I'll show you something.

No comments:

Post a Comment